Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Insane Ideas!



No, I'm not going to talk about crazy or insane thoughts that have been circling in my head,(that's for a later time) but I am going to tell you about my story ideas! You see, in my English class we are making short stories based on the greatest and most macabre poet of all time: Edgar Allan Poe. So here's my idea: It all takes place in a small town in Maryland, or some other little place Poe grew up in (I still haven't decided!) So the town butcher is taking a stroll when he happens upon a small funeral procession stationed in the graveyard. Now full of interest he walks up and sees that the recently deceased is none other than his all-time-love Myra. (I think that's what I'm going to call her) He has loved this woman all his life, but never was able to have her. Now, in his warped mind, he comes up with the brilliant plan to dig her up to keep for himself. After many nights of failed attempts, he finally gathers up the courage to perform his wicked deed. After dragging her stiff corpse to his house he prepares her to be preserved and kept forever! He begins the tedious and gruesome act of cleaning out the body of decay and such, which I'm not going to get into detail of that, and once it's done lays her perturbed corpse on his couch, proud of the work he has done, and the thought that he finally can be with the girl he loved! What do you think? I haven't decided on an ending yet, but I think I'm going to have him go crazy or something; I'm not sure yet! Just so you know, I'm not a disturbed child, I think I just read too many real-life crime books!

1 comment: